[WEB4LIB] affiliate programs and library web sites

Peter Scott scottp at moondog.usask.ca
Thu Jul 6 12:17:32 EDT 2000

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Bryan H. Davidson wrote:

>What we have considered proposing to our director is that we sign up for
>google's affiliate program, which pays .03 cents per search performed from
>our site. The search box is similar to what I've already got in place, with
>the added addition of a small google logo.

I have applied to speak about this topic at the next "Internet Librarian".
I run paying search engines on my commercial sites and it can be quite
profitable. I guess my question would be, do you generate enough traffic
to make it worthwhile? Also, Google is fine, but if you want to make a bit
more cash use some of other search services. I will have a list of them
shortly.