[WEB4LIB] dedicated digital library clients. NOT.

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Thu Jul 6 11:24:50 EDT 2000

...but unlike the web or Z39.50, napster looks like it indexes files on
connected servers on the fly, which is a very intriguing feature to think
about for library applications. No waiting weeks or months for search
engines to crawl sites. No need to configure servers to target (Z39.40). No
404s or domain server not found messages. Admittedly the indexing is
appalling; and exactly what subsets of servers is indexed is a mystery; and
the intervals of the reindexing--which seems continual--is unknown.
Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System
jkuntz at rcls.org