Needing your big brains

Steve Garwood sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Thu Jul 6 08:56:16 EDT 2000

Ok, I've got a tricky one for you all.

I teach a basic Internet class
http://reference.camden.lib.nj.us/classes/garwood/navigating using Netscape
(sometimes IE) and review all the buttons on the toolbar (Back, Forward,
Home, etc.) during the class. I've been trying to figure out a way to show
how Stop works. Basically, what I've been thinking is that I would like to
make a link on a page that when clicked on takes "forever" to connect to
anything, thereby allowing me to show people that the Stop button will stop
the "transaction" between the two computers.

Anyone know a way of doing this? Is there a better solution I'm not thinking
of?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Steve Garwood
Customer Education Librarian
Camden County Library System
203 Laurel Rd., Voorhees, NJ 08043
(856)772-1636 x3320 Fax:(856)772-6128
sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.stevegarwood.com

"...Just a lazy cat in a dog-eat-dog world"  - Supreme Beings of Leisure