Changing font in options

Michael A. Weber webermi at alvernia.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:43:41 EST 2000

Hello Weblibers:

I need some help with a pull down menu on our homepage.

<http://www.alvernia.edu/>

I am using some javascript and the tags: form name, select name, and option
values.  The code is listed below.

My problem is with alignment.  My pulldown menu lines up exactly with my
navbar border on netscape, but not on Explorer.  I have tried using font
size commands to alter the size of the text, but they don't seem to work
inside of the option tag.

Is there any way of changing the size of the text shown in the option value
tags?  This would put the pulldown menu inside of the navbar.

Any other suggestions on how to achieve alignment in this situation?

Thank you!

Mike Weber

<!--// original code by Bill Trefzger 12/12/96

function go(){

        if
(document.selecter.select1.options[document.selecter.select1.selectedIndex].
value != "none")
                location =
document.selecter.select1.options[document.selecter.select1.selectedIndex].v
alue
}
//-->

<FORM name="selecter">

<SELECT name="select1" size=1>
<OPTION value=none>Quick Index

<OPTION value=none>--------------------

<OPTION value="admin.htm">Admissions

<OPTION value="alumn.htm">Alumni Affairs
<OPTION value="admiss3.htm">Application

<OPTION value="about1.htm">Campus Map & Tour
<OPTION value="campu3.htm">Campus Ministry
<OPTION value="campu4.htm">Career Services
<OPTION value="acade10.htm">Class Schedules
<OPTION value="campu5.htm">Community Service
<OPTION value="about2.htm">Core Values

<OPTION value="acade6.htm">Degrees (Majors)
<OPTION value="alumn5.htm">Development Office
<OPTION value="about6.htm">Directions to Campus
<OPTION value="about10.htm">Employment
<OPTION value="admin.htm">Financial Aid

<OPTION value="gradpro.htm">Graduate Programs

<OPTION value="libra8.htm">Library Resources
<OPTION value="about7.htm">Mission Statement
<OPTION value="libra15.htm">Off Campus Library
<OPTION value="acade4.htm">Non-Traditional Student
<OPTION value="campu9.htm">Residence Life
<OPTION value="campu10.htm">Student Activities
<OPTION value="campu1.htm">Student Affairs
<OPTION value="about3.htm">Vision Statement

</SELECT>

<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Go to Page" onclick="go()">

</FORM>

Michael Weber
Dr. Frank A. Franco Library
ALVERNIA COLLEGE