Cleaning Netscape's Cache

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:56:43 EST 2000

There is a scheduling utility you can get ("FREE") at
http://www.americansys.com that will run on NT.  I am using it to backup
the web documents from an Alpha NT machine to an Intel NT machine using
shared directories.  I think I am correct in saying that this utility
runs on all MS Windows machines and in fact looks very similar to the
scheduling utility that comes with windows 98.  In Win 98 look in the
Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Scheduled Tasks.  I
may have moved it there on my machine, if that is the case then this is
one of those undocumented programs you can find in the windows or
windows\systems directory.

otherwise:
>From the americansys web site:

"EZ Scheduler 1.1a is a reminder program and a process scheduling
program all in one. EZ Scheduler is a FREE GIFT from American Systems.
EZ Scheduler can be used to launch favorite programs or display reminder
messages at the time you desire!  Run your programs or display your
reminders when Windows starts, once, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly,
yearly, and in minute intervals.  You can also play a sound (WAV File)
when your reminder or programs runs!  The program minimizes to the
taskbar tray so it takes up very little space. Includes Live Update
technology."

You can run any batch file or command file (NT uses filename.cmd) with
this utility.

del DRIVELETTER:\PATH2CACHE\DEL *.* /F /Q

/F will force delete of readonly files
/Q Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to delete on global wildcard

Thomas

Robert Sullivan wrote:

> Donna Schumann wrote:
>
> >We run a login script that deletes all of the cache files when the
> >computers are logged on. It's free, easy, and works great.
>
> I used to do this with Internet Explorer 4.  IE 5 users may be interested to
> know that there is now a setting which will delete the cache when you close the
> browser.  Yes!!  Now if we could only do the same with the history...
>
> Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
> Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine