[WEB4LIB] Command Software -- Antivirus Program?

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:25:00 EST 2000

I've also been running Command Antivirus for over two years.  This
product uses the F-Prot antivirus engine.  It does have it's version of
live update which is called Automatic Update.  The Automatic Update lets
you supply a UNC path to the new definition files on your local
network.  I am also running CSS Central which is a local server program
in which I define the FTP address where the current definition files can
be picked up.  This pickup can be set to daily, weekly, or monthly and a
specific time of day.  I set the pickup for daily but 2 or 3 days in the
month there is a failed connection but the def file isn't usually really
updated daily anyway at their site.  So, when a PC is booted in the
library one of the first things even before the wallpaper comes up is
that the antivirus program will go to my CSS Central server and update
its definition file.

I've been very pleased with the product and the people at the company.
Contact Vicky Poulin <vpoulin at commandcom.com> and tell her I sent you.
;-)

Thomas

"Merat, Carl" wrote:

> Anyone know this product?  Opinions?
>
> Carl Merat
> Liberty University

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine