[WEB4LIB] Re: HotMail Problem -Reply

Janice White Janice.White at fct-cf.x400.gc.ca
Thu Jan 27 09:05:33 EST 2000

This seems to be a reoccuring problem with Hotmail.  Since they were taken over by MSN there have been a series of problems that result in the inability to access your mail.  I experienced these several times through the summer last year.  I tried  to access my mail while traveling at various public libraries and friends computers and it definitely was not a computer related problem.  Ironically it didn't affect all users.  It appeared to be a "group" or "node" of uses.  At least that is how it was explained to me when I saw one person access their mail while I couldn't.

The so called improvements made by MSN has caused a multitude of odd occurences that are becoming annoying to say the least.  All said and done only thing to do is wait, try, try and try again.  Then.... get another e-mail server if you can.

Good luck
Janice White
Ontario Canada

P.S. Mine is working fine today

>>> DDA.RFC-822=web4lib(a)sunsite.berkeley.edu 01/27/00 01:54pm >>>

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Toni Walder wrote:

> I have recently been unable to access HotMail from my computer at work.
> I get the following message:
>         "The document contains no data. Try again later, or contact the
> server's administrator."
>     I have tried 1) using my bookmark, 2) typing in the URL, 3) choosing
> a hotlink from search result, and 4) going to MSN and choosing HotMail.
> None of these methods works.

Hotmail has been down for a couple of days, it seems. (I tried it
yesterday and today, but with no response)