[WEB4LIB] Allowing only Unique Survey Responses

Shirl Kennedy skenned1 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 21:37:14 EST 2000

I'm awaiting input with baited breath on this one.  City Manager wants to do
an online survey here, but wants to make sure results won't be skewed by
people answering multiple times.  I know you can do the cookie thing, which
will prevent the non-technical user from completing the survey more than
once...but those who are technologically savvy and determined to make their
opinions known repeatedly will simply delete the cookie and go back for
another shot at the survey.

One of our I.T. programmers wrote a sample suvey using ASP which prevents
people from answering more than once, but only within the same browser
session.

Anyone have any other suggestions/solutions?

Shirl Kennedy
Web Doyenne
City of Clearwater (FL)
http://www.clearwater-fl.com