[WEB4LIB] Cold Fusion question

Christopher A. Poterala potsie at umich.edu
Thu Jan 20 11:25:50 EST 2000

It's not a library site, but I've helped develop a site that runs CF 4.01
Enterprise, NT 4, IIS 4 and uses SQL Server 7 as the db.  The site gets
1.2 million hits a day and approx. 30,000 sessions.  It hums along.  The
dumb thing we're doing is running all of these services on one box.  If
the money becomes available, we'll be splitting SQL Server off to its own
box.

If you're wondering if CF is robust enough for the task, the answer is
yes.  Most of the problems I have encountered with dynamic sites that
"feel" bogged down have resulted from poorly written queries...nothing
like a nice, flat query to bring down a box.

AutoByTel uses CF, Boeing uses CF, Ford uses CF...it can handle the load.

Cheers,
Chris