Cold Fusion question

Jeff Wisniewski jeffw+ at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 20 10:44:50 EST 2000

Hi-
 While there's been some discussion on the list
about using Cold Fusion to generate pages from
Access databases, I'm wondering if anyone has
experience using Cold Fusion to run queries and
generate pages from really heavy duty databases.
Specifically, what we'd like to do is to use Cold
Fusion to connect directly to our catalog's
database (we're a Voyager site, Oracle's the DB,
approximately three million records), to generate
database lists, ejournal lists, etc. for the web.
I know of one or two places doing something
similar, although they are running Cold Fusion
against an intermediary database, populated from
their library catalog, not connecting directly.
We're going to be getting a trial version of Cold
Fusion soon, so I'm interested in thoughts,
comments, or experiences anyone has to share.

Thanks,

Jeff Wisniewski
Web Services Librarian

--