Determining Our Digital Destiny

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:49:07 EST 2000

I have to admit to being perplexed that I haven't noticed any discussion so
far on Web4Lib about Roy Tennant's EXCELLENT article in the January issue of
American Libraries ("Determining Our Digital Destiny", pages 54-58).

I imagine Roy will modestly disagree when I say this, but I believe his AL
article is at least as important as Steve Coffman's "Building Earth's
Largest Library", if not more so.

Roy's article does a great job of touching on a number of important issues
that are very relevant to defining the future of libraries as
institutions/organizations.

I'd be very interested to hear what others think about Roy's article.......

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone:  (217) 333-4895