[WEB4LIB] CD emergency disk?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Wed Jan 19 17:55:08 EST 2000

> Is it possible to write a CD with files from a computer that
> will allow one to boot from the CD and restore all of its
> operating system

First be sure that your computers allow for booting from the CD-ROM drive.
Most of the new machines do but many older ones don't. Check your BIOS
settings before trying to make the CD itself. If you can't boot from it,
it's a moot point.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

"I want to know what good is a Web search engine that returns 324,909,188
'matches' to my key word. That's like saying, 'Good news, we've located
the product you're looking for. It's on Earth.'"
--W. Bruce Cameron

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.