[WEB4LIB] search engine capable of highlighting

sean dreilinger sean at durak.org
Thu Jan 13 13:52:53 EST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Barbara Stewart wrote:
> I am interested in knowing whether a search engine exists that highlights
> keywords in the document that it is searching. I know that Google

in addition to the search services already suggested, some of the desktop
metasearch clients do color highlighting, probably mentioned as a selling
point on their web sites:
	http://express.infoseek.com/
	http://www.copernic.com/
	http://www.ferretsoft.com/
	http://www.intelliseek.com/
	http://www.thewebtools.com/
and maybe webcompass (RIP) did?
	http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/webcompass/allservices_webcompass.html

> where keywords of requested texts were color coded separately in the text

if you have an example of a searcg resource that throws in the multicolor
highlighting i'd love to check that out.

--sean

--
sean dreilinger    mailto:sean at durak.org    http://durak.org/sean/