Community Information Networks

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Jan 10 11:11:35 EST 2000

I've been asked to spec out software/hardware for a server that would host a
local Community Information Network.  I already have some rough estimates of what
we would need but I would be interested in hearing from any libraries that are
hosting a CIN for their specific setups as well as information like:

What services are you providing?
How many groups are you hosting?
How large of a community do you serve?
Where is the equipment housed?
What kind of connection do you have?

Also, related to the administration/operation of the CIN:

What updating process do you use?
What software do you use in editing the site?  Administering the site?
How much staff time/support services is required to maintain the CIN?
Who provides the technical support?
Who funds the CIN?

Thank you,

Andrew Mutch