copyright issue

Kathleen Johnson kjohnson at saas.seattle.wa.us
Fri Jan 7 12:52:20 EST 2000

Hi all,

    Our private high school has set up a homework site on the web. This
facilitates distributing homework to parents and students from any location
with a computer with internet access.

The question: Can a teacher scan an article from a magazine and post it in
the homework folder. What are the copyright implications of this?

I suggested Copyright Clearinghouse and that was my best guess. If this is
the necessary route, does anyone know what the turnaround time is for this.
Hopefully the turnaround time is not be prohibitive.

As always, all opinions and facts are appreciated.

Kathy Johnson       kjohnson at saas.seattle.wa.us
<mailto:kjohnson at saas.seattle.wa.us>
Librarian
Seattle Academy