[WEB4LIB] Re: E-mail in Public Libraries

Brent J. Pliskow htwd at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 6 12:43:36 EST 2000

> I was not going to respond to this since I think individual institutions may
have different legitimate needs and policies but there are some points being
overlooked by both sides in the debate.

I apologize, I did not mean to cause such a heated debate on our lovely discussion list.  My question was merely a simple investigation of how other libraries handle e-mail on their public terminals.  I can see both sides to the issue and actually agree with much of what is being said.  I think presently, I would be happier if our Library Advisory Board decided to remove the statement completely.  I can't understand why we have a policy that isn't being enforced.

Brent J. Pliskow
Huntington Woods Public Library
Webmaster / Technology Assistant
Web Site: http://www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us