[WEB4LIB] Re: E-mail in Public Libraries

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Jan 6 12:01:54 EST 2000

At 08:26 AM 1/6/00 -0800, Brent J. Pliskow wrote:

>In the near future, it will be interesting how views will change as the
>government will begin taxing for the use of e-mail.

Oh, really?  That sounds like the resurrection of an old chestnut of an
urban legend (or net legend).  It is right up there with taxing your
connect time to your ISP, NM cookies, dying boys wanting postcards, and so
forth.

I won't even get into asking how that could possibly be done.....whether it
would be by the message, by the byte, or by something else....

Taxing internet sales is a definite possibility.....but email?

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165