[WEB4LIB] lab keyboards

Michael Brown michaelb at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Wed Jan 5 20:03:30 EST 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Beth Longwell wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for keyboards that will stand up to
> heavy usage in a lab environment?

	Most of the Key Tronics products are very durable.  Their
trackball keyboard that we use for our public stations requires a lot of
cleaning though, but the keyboard itself is one of the best around.
We're using the last of their TouchPad keyboards too - which are
unfortunately out of production now.  I'd expect any of their keyboards to
be excellent, but a little more pricy than most.

	If you're using mice, you might consider their "School Mouse"
which has no removable parts and does not require a pad.  I hope to get
some of those for our children's computers.

	Michael Brown  <michaelb at multnomah.lib.or.us>
	Network Analyst, Multnomah County Library

                         /   /
                     /__ \  |
          -(    Y2K    I      I   |
                                   /