[WEB4LIB] Re: Millenium Greetings

Paul H. Gray dekerivers at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 1 18:35:12 EST 2000

The more I think of it -- the less difference it makes --
I understand the nation of Isreal skipped all the hype altogether since by
the Jewish calendar this is the year six thousand something and by the
Islamic calendar it is fourteen hundred something --
I'm not up to speed on my Chinese culture but I'm pretty sure given the age
of their civilization they are counting far more than 2 millinea.

As as Christian and a person of western European descent I am very happy
with the fact that we measure time from a date assigned to the life of
Jesus.  But the simple truth is --
That marker -- like any other dividing line is purely arbitrary.

Hey -- any excuse for a party is a good one --
But I suspect when most of us go back to work in a day or two -- the main
thing we will notice - is that it is the beginning of another week.

Happy Monday ---
Paul H. Gray