[WEB4LIB] Downloading gif and jpg files other than "save as"

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Jan 14 09:03:57 EST 2000

you could set up a text link, as a label for the graphic, as ftp
provided you have an ftp server (maybe this can be done through your web
server, I don't know).
example:
   <A href="ftp://path2file/filename.jpg"> get the logo</A>

Thomas

Pat and Ernie Laidlaw wrote:

> I am setting up pages of useful logos so that staff can recognise support from other organisations with the correct logo.
> I would like to have the logo image linked to a download of the gif or jpg file.
> Is there any coding that would enable a download rather than opening the files?
>
> I know you can "save as" using Netsacape.
>
> Is there an alternative such as the method used to display HTML code on screen without it being active.
>
> Ernie Laidlaw
> Western Australia

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine