If you don't know the answer it is not a dumb question.

Gary E. Masters gmasters at tamiu.edu
Mon Jan 3 16:30:37 EST 2000

	All of this discussion on what we should know and don't know, reminds me
that most things are easy - after we understand them.  Until then, we often
need to ask questions.  As a reference librarian who also supports
computers, I have to work to answer questions without sounding like they
are "dumb."  It is human nature to respond to the same question as if it
were being asked by the same person again and again, but who just doesn't
get it.  As far as work goes, I had rather get the "easy" questions.  I
know that if I can answer them in a manner that does not condescend, I am
still a professional librarian.

Regards,

Gary Masters
Gary E. Masters