[WEB4LIB] RE: of mouse balls and such

Jennifer Heise jahb at lehigh.edu
Mon Jan 3 16:05:43 EST 2000

"Moderow, Kevin" wrote:

> Long ago the command prompt was considered unforgiving.  Today the mouse is
> unintuitive.    One must ask: Just how much dumbing down is required?  I
> fear the day when being required to think is an assault on the individual's
> self worth.

Just because the mouse is less unintuitive than the command prompt
doesn't make it any more intuitive than the steering wheel -- which
requires training and/or experimentation, not just 'THINKING', to learn.

--
/   Jennifer Heise, Web Mgmnt, Lehigh Univ. Information Resources
\ \ Linderman Library, 30 Library Drive, Bethlehem PA 18015
  / Phone (610) 758-3072          Email: jahb at lehigh.edu

"Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard