MS Word & Excel Viewers

PHGRAY at TCCD.NET PHGRAY at TCCD.NET
Mon Feb 28 12:40:11 EST 2000

Cross-posted to LibNT & Web4lib

Many thanks to those who pointed me to the viewer plugins for Word and Excel
provided by Microsoft.
Need to further pick your brains on two problems -
MS Word Viewer -
Using Navigator 4.08
When trying to open an MS Word (.doc) file --
The plugin loads fine and displays the document -- but will not let me
print. The Print option is available (not greyed out) but choosing it does
not bring up the print dialogue box and does not send anything to the
printer. My printing system is working fine when I go to other pages.
MS Excel Viewer -
When trying to open an Excel (.xls) file -- the plugin loads fine -- but
then I get the message 'filename.xls is not a valid Excel file." EVEN when
it is a simple spreadsheet I just created.
I'm sure there is some simple something I am overlooking --- --right?
Thanks
Paul H. Gray
LR Manager - Library LAN
TCCD Northeast Campus Library