Resetting the Home Page

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:20:07 EST 2000

>To make the matter worse, our security software disables access to the
>Internet Options section of the IE toolbar so that "fixing" the home page
>requires disabling the security and 2 reboots - things I don't really need
>staff doing.

Intriguing - a new twist to an old problem.  Your security software doesn't
lock the settings, merely prevents users from getting to them.

I set the whole Internet Explorer registry tree to read-only, so these changes
wouldn't stick.  I'm not sure if they could change during the session.  Could
you give me the addresses of a few of these sites so I can try them on my PCs?

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org