Winnebago Web Catalog setup and security

Jeanne Heicher nppublib at pa.net
Wed Feb 23 10:44:59 EST 2000

There must be some web4lib people out there who have set up
Winnebago's Web Catalog successfully on a WinNT server. I have
security questions I must have answered, such as:
	How do you protect your network against outside threats?
	Do you use a firewall, and if so, which one?
	Do you use RAS to connect from outside your site?
	Is your server in your building, or at an ISP?
	Does your Web server also run your LAN, and if so, what
		security measures do you use?
I will be happy to summarize results for the list, and to provide info
to others who are doing the same setup (after ours is up and running
successfully).
		Thanks in advance,
		Jeanne Heicher

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newport Public Library                  Hours:
316 N. 4th St.  Newport PA 17074        Mon.   1 PM  - 8 PM
(717)567-6860  FAX (717)567-3373        Tues.  10 AM - 5 PM
                                        Wed.   1 PM  - 8 PM
nppublib at pa.net                         Thurs. 10 AM - 8 PM
http://www.pa.net/nppublib              Fri.   1 PM  - 5 PM
                                        Sat.   10 AM - 2 PM

Thank you for supporting your community library.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx