[WEB4LIB] statistical software/counters

John C Harvey jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us
Wed Feb 23 09:39:35 EST 2000

Robert Tupaj wrote:

> I am looking to install statistical software with counters on the
> library's web site.  Right now I am considering installing WebTracker by
>
> FXWeb Web Technologies.  I am looking for recommendations/suggestions at
>
> this point concerning this product or others.  Thanks very much.

I have always found WebTracker to be reliable. You get a lot of useful
information, and the counter is relatively unobtrusive. In fact, the folks
at FXWeb even give you instructions on how to set it so that your users
never see the counter.

My single complaint with WebTracker is that you can place the counter on
only one page per site.

If you choose to install it, I recommend that you download and place the
counter graphic on your own server (rather than having users retrieve it
from the FXWeb site), just to speed up the load time on your page.

----(Imagine a fancy inline graphic here.)----

John C Harvey
jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us

"There must be more to life than having everything."
--Maurice Sendak

The views and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect official
policies of the Irving Public Library or the City of Irving.

Contents under pressure