[WEB4LIB] Re: Choosing Web Editors

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Thu Feb 17 12:46:49 EST 2000

>I'll put in another vote for a good old text editor.  It keeps you
>intimately familiar with what exactly your web site is serving up, it
>gives you a maximum degree of control over markup, and you don't have to

What he said <grin>.  But really, I've worked on over 17 web sites, and
hundreds and hundreds of pages over the last 5.5 years and I've always used
either a text editor, notepad or HTML Assistant Pro (which is not a WYSIWYG
editor, it's a glorified notepad in many ways with shortcuts to insert tags
you choose -- it speeds up repetitive chores, and I love the multiple file
search and replace: replace one string with another across many files.  It
helps you to code, but doesn't hide the code, doesn't code for you, and can
expand and grow with the addition of new tags, etc).

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
Javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>