IE security

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Feb 17 12:50:06 EST 2000

>We have put out a number of new PCs running NT and Internet Explorer and we
>are getting error messages when patrons type in a URL in the address bar.
>Anything that begins with http:// is accomopanied by the shared resources
>icon in the history list.  Has anyone ever experienced this problem; or have
>info about where in the security we need to change our settings?

This is caused when IE 5.01 is installed and you have activated the NoRun
registry key through a policy or registry manipulation.

I have submitted this to Microsoft and they actually called me back (!) to say
they were e-mailing me a fix.  I hope to test it today, and if it works they'll
add it to their Knowledge Base.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org