[WEB4LIB] Re: Windows equivalent for the DOS command "dir > file.name"

Debra Lords dlords at library.utah.edu
Wed Feb 16 14:13:13 EST 2000

WS-FTP still has a well-hidden, light edition available as
freeware for the following types of users:

     Ipswitch is pleased to make WS_FTP Limited
     Edition available to you free of charge if you are:

     a U.S. federal, state, or local government employee
         (government contractors must use WS_FTP Pro)
     a student, faculty member, or staff member of an
         educational institution
     a non-business home user (recreational use only)

The page is:
http://www.ipswitch.com/support/ws_ftp_le_support.html
At "Current version: WS FTP LE n.nn", click on the WS FTP ...
link
You are now at the beginning of the download process, which
requires registration.

The actual navigation process is achieved by going through the
Service and Support link on the home page.

Hope this helps.

Debbie Lords

David Atkins wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Versions of the FTP app WS-FTP feature a DirInfo (Directory Information)
> command that displays the file contents of an open diretory (file &
> subdirectory names, size, date & time) in Notepad.  It's not recursive,
> only displaying info for your open directory.
>
> WS-FTP also has other nice features...(e.g. View to view text of files
> w/out openning the file in another app) but not all features (e.g. can
> only open one remote host at a time), but nice ones.
>
> Past versions of WS-FTP have been freeware for educational & not-for
> profit institutions.
>
> DA

> David P. Atkins
> Coordinator, Interlibrary & Document Delivery Services
> John C. Hodges Library                            datkins at utk.edu
> The University of Tennessee                    me  (865) 974-6866
> Knoxville, Tennessee  37996                    fax (865) 974-2708

Debbie