[WEB4LIB] Windows equivalent for the DOS command "dir > file.name"

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Feb 15 17:31:01 EST 2000

> Is there a mean to "capture" all the files names of a directory (and
> perhaps the date and size) and send them in a file, without having to go
> to the DOS mode.

I don't htink so.

> In other terms, is there a windows equivalent for the DOS command "dir >
> file.name".

None that I've found.  No way to print a directory listing either, except
from a DOS window.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"