TCP/IP connection through modem

Yi Kong ykong at kenosha.lib.wi.us
Mon Feb 14 10:35:18 EST 2000

Hi, Our bookmobile connection to our modem pool has a lot of problem. The cellular phone company suggested us to use another special modem. Now the question is how to connect this personal modem to the network. We have 3 PCs' on the bookmobile, so we need a TCP/IP connection. What I already tested is using a pc with a serial connection to the modem. It can accept the call, but no IP give out from the DHCP server. I also tried to use static IP, but still no TCP/IP connection.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

Yi Kong
Kenosha Public Library
Kenosha, WI 53141