[WEB4LIB] Preventing Printing

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Feb 11 12:33:47 EST 2000

> And in a similar vein, I've noticed, albeit only rarely, that some pages
> just won't let you print 'em via the Print button.

NS3 had a bug that would report "no pages to print" which I have never
experienced in 4.x.
I did once see some JS code to "prevent printing" but could not get it to
work and quickly discarded it. If someone had code to do this I'd love to
see it posted to the list.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

"I want to know what good is a Web search engine that returns 324,909,188
'matches' to my key word. That's like saying, 'Good news, we've located
the product you're looking for. It's on Earth.'"
--W. Bruce Cameron

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.