[WEB4LIB] RE: going "back" from sites

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Fri Feb 11 12:22:23 EST 2000

At 08:57 AM 2/11/00 -0800, you wrote:
> > I would like to know why with some web pages or sites,
> > when you click on the browser's "back" button, it will
> > not let you go back and you are forever stuck in this
> > web site or page.
>
>If the site has changed addresses on a page, and then
>created automatic, instant forwarding from the old page

Exactly.  If they use "0" seconds for the redirect, or just a few seconds,
it can be very hard to go back.  I know I become very frustrated with the
page (and thus the webmaster), but if you double click on the back button a
few times you can get to back out of the page.

>Or you can use the History function to move to the page
>you want.

I've found that route to be the easiest.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
Javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>