[WEB4LIB] Re: [WEBLIB] RE: Netscape link problems...

John N. Haliotis Jr. valhalla at nslsilus.org
Thu Feb 10 14:21:25 EST 2000

The one reason I've kept Netscape around instead of switching to IE is
printing.  Although I am annoyed sometimes by the fact that Netscape
reloads the entire page before it prints it, IE seems to have a problem
printing wide pages (above 640 pixels) which often includes products like
InfoTrac and ProQuest.  My having to go and reboot machines now and then
makes up for my patrons being able to read the information they just
printed.  If Microsoft fixed this problem (and it still happens on my
machine, where I use IE 5.01 and Netscape 4.7 for testing) I would
probably switch today.

That being said, do you think there will ever be a stable Navigator again?

John N. Haliotis Jr.
Des Plaines Public Library
valhalla at desplaines.lib.il.us
847-827-5551 x.127