Netscape link problems...

Marcia S. Middleton middlem at uhls.lib.ny.us
Thu Feb 10 12:30:27 EST 2000

We've had a similar problem.  We use Windows 98, Communicator 4.7, and
Fortres.

Sometimes rebooting is the only answer, but I've found that closing
Netscape, disabling Fortres, and then going into task manager (CTRL ALT
and tap DEL lightly) and closing for any open Netscape entries (or
anything else that is listed as "not responding") can often solve the
problem without rebooting.  Unfortunately, this still requres staff
intervention.

We have had trouble with the keyboard freezing up, requiring us to
reboot without closing Windows and sometimes contributing to registry
problems when the system boots back up.

Marcia S. Middleton
Albany Public Library
Albany, NY 12210