[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape link problems...

Bob Jones bjones at unf.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:10:10 EST 2000

We wrote a screen saver (unfortunately my university won't let me share
it) that reboots the computer after 2 hours in screen saver mode.  (This
guarantees that the machines will reboot overnight!).  We use Norton Ghost
and have partititioned our local hard drive into two logical drives. When
the workstation reboots, it re-ghosts the clean image from the D drive
(partition) back to C: so any hacking gets overlaid and the workstation
fully refreshed with a proven image known to work on that particular
machine. If the reboot/re-ghost process fails, we know there is a hardware
problem and can address that specifically.  This is in addition to IKiosk
and Fortress protections.  Maybe this strategy would work for you.

Bob Jones                                    mailto:bjones at unf.edu
Head, Public Services Division and Systems Coordinator
University of North Florida Library          http://www.unf.edu/library/
P.O. Box 17605                               (904) 620-2552 (SC 861-2552)
Jacksonville, FL  32245-7605                 FAX: (904) 620-2719
                                             ARIEL: 139.62.208.88