Netscape link problems...

skelsey at lsu.edu skelsey at lsu.edu
Thu Feb 10 09:52:49 EST 2000

All of our computers in the reference section have to be rebooted
constantly because the links in Netscape quit working-
the connection is still alive, the links just don't work.  It happens on
various versions of Netscape and both NT and 95
operating systems.

One theory is it is caused by the email all the students use here, which
has a java pop-up window; when the problem occurs, task
manager shows a second instance of Netscape which I believe may be called
from Javascript embedded in the email page.

I do not want to disable javascript, and there would be great resistance to
 switching to Internet Explorer.

Does anyone out there have another solution to this annoying problem?

thanks in advance,
Sigrid Kelsey