tracking and launcing CD's

Paul H. Gray dekerivers at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 22:58:56 EST 2000

[This is cross posted to NTLib - please forgive the duplication.]

For over a year now we have been using Microtest's DiscZerver hardware and
LaunchPro software to network our cd-roms over NT.

We have been very happy with the performance of the hardware  -- but our
librarians are increasingly unhappy with the LaunchPro product, in
particular its interface.

We are looking for a replacement -
The menu needs to load quickly and launch applications in a stable manner
It should allow the applications to be arranged in an easily navigable
heirarchy
It also needs to track the use of applications (when used, how long, from
which station)

IDEALLY it should be able to perform these functions from within Netscape.
(hence my reason for posting here)

Any Ideas???
Paul H. Gray
TCCD Northeast Campus Library