[WEB4LIB] Re: date last modified script?

Avi Rappoport avirr at LanMinds.Com
Wed Feb 9 11:41:45 EST 2000

One problem with using SSI: it tends to send the current date as the
file modification date in the HTTP header, so search engines always
think the file is new, even if it's not actually been touched for
years.  There are ways for the search engine and/or the server to be
smarter than this, but they mostly don't.

Avi