[WEB4LIB] Re: date last modified script?

Dennis Moser dennism at library.tmc.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:13:06 EST 2000

Duly noted, however:

1. While "Any (non moldy old) web server" CAN be set up, etc., not every
SysAdmin likes to allow it...hence, my caveat.

2. SSI is a very rich topic and does require as much thought as using
javascript. HOW one uses the command is vitally important, as you point out,
so the user should understand what they are doing. Blindly copying someone
elses' code is a good way to get started, but hardly recommended for using
on the final version.

As can be seen by the responses so far, SSI seems to be the "recommended"
approach.

Dennis

"That so few now dare to be eccentric,
marks the chief danger of the time."