[WEB4LIB] date last modified script?

Brian Sheppard bboru at si.umich.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:25:49 EST 2000

In that in won't work when javscript is turned off, I'd recommend either
some sort of perl script that actually rewrites the page periodically or,
better yet, some kind of server-side include. For example, on Apache
servers with SSI enabled you could include in your html:

 Updated <!--#config timefmt="%B %d, %Y" --><!--#echo VAR="LAST_MODIFIED" -->

which will read something like

Updated January 30, 2000