[WEB4LIB] printing

Rosalind Tedford tedforrl at wfu.edu
Wed Feb 9 08:34:09 EST 2000

We are looking into the same thing for our student computer lab which is
currently printing out 3000-5000 copies a day! Pcounter has been
recommended to us by someone else on campus who is using it. It is
inexpensive and powerful, but there are other issues for us. It needs to
be run on a printer server (NT or Netware) and our printers are on one
of the main university print servers, not an in house one. So if we use
it, we will probably have to set up our own print server, which of
course adds to the cost.

http://www.pcounter.com

I am interested in one that will allow us to charge students based on
their student ID and let them pay at the controllers office or with
their smart card. Pcounter prints out great reports, but then we would
have to send the bills and collect the money and I would like to avoid
doing this if possible.

So if anyone has information on other products - PLEASE pass them on!

Roz
--
Rosalind Tedford
tedforrl at wfu.edu