Viewers for Word, Excel, etc.

Paul H. Gray dekerivers at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 10:30:35 EST 2000

We really prefer not to have patrons using the stations in the reference
area to do their word processing, spreadsheets, etc. (There are several labs
on campus where this can be done -- this is the only site for assisted
reference work).

BUT -
There are sites which provide reference-relevant material NOT In html but as
downloadable Word and Excel files (etc)

QUESTION -
IS there a program that will let users VIEW these documents
WITHOUT actually loading a 'usable' version of the application.
For instance -- We have PowerPoint Viewer that does this for PowerPoint
presentation.

ANY help will be appreciated.

Paul H. Gray
LR Manager - Library LAN