[WEB4LIB] Use of Web-based Audio/Video in the library

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:13:10 EST 2000

Hi Leo/

>>> Leo Robert Klein <leo_klein at baruch.cuny.edu> 02/03/00 12:51PM >>>
>Yes, I thought of your resource as I made my inquiry.

      Thanks for thinking about it!

> What I'm really looking for is an idea if any of this stuff is >being used by libraries.

      Pat Ensor's article
>"Multimedia to the People. (multimedia in libraries) Pat >Ensor. Library Journal Oct 15, 1999 v124 i17 pS15

     profiles a few real-life library implementations/installations.

     Thanks for raising this important issue. For me its the future, but only now are others beginning to formally consider the issues.

     Best of luck with your search!

/Gerry McK

P.S. You may be interested in a most remarkable
OPAC that provides links to audio (and I believe video
files)  as well as full-text called Médiathèque from the
Institute of Research and Coordination in Acoustics / Music. Multimedia Library in Paris France. See my Onion Patch(sm)
for a fuller description and  link.
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Onion.htm

c: Web4Lib