controlling windows

Isabel Danforth danforth at tiac.net
Fri Dec 15 07:24:40 EST 2000

In the development of our new web page, I am popping up a small window
which will have some 'help' information on it when our patrons select a
remote database.  This also gives me something to count in our statistics,
generated by Analog.  You can see this in action if you select an item on
	http://russelllibrary.org/online.htm

We use Dynix for our ILS and I am trying the same idea to give our patrons
remote access to their patron information.  They have to go to a Java based
application and then select patron information from a list of items. My
problem is that the page with the Java puts itself on top of my small
window.  Is there a simple way to have my window come back on top - until
the patron closes it?  You can see this at:
	http://russelllibrary.org/    and then select patron information under
Access Services.

The code that I use to produce the small window is wrapped up with the link:

onClick="m = window.open('countpatron.htm','','width=300,height=300');

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Isabel
Isabel L. Danforth
danforth at tiac.net
Russell Library - Middletown, CT
http://www.lioninc.org/russell/
Coordinator of Librarians' Online Support Team
http://gnacademy.tzo.org/lost/