Opera is adware, not free (was Re: Opera 5 (Win) release FREE)

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Thu Dec 7 17:36:42 EST 2000

Opera is *not* free - it is adware, and that is a huge difference IMNSHO.

I will *not* support adware in any way shape or form, and I encourage
others to boycott this silly commerical software concept and send a
message loud and clear.

Why *should* I pollute my computing fun with garbage ads anyway?

Raymond (who has had it with ongoing 'commercial-creep')

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 06:17:51AM -0800, Drew, Bill wrote:

> I thought I would be Thomas Dowling in getting this information out about
> the latest Opera browser.
>
> Bill Drew
>

> http://www.opera.com/
>
> [Description below from CNET]