[WEB4LIB] policy about links on websites

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Dec 6 19:07:18 EST 2000

Wednesday, December 06, 2000, 10:08:53 AM, you wrote:
GW> Specifically, we have been told that no Commercial links will be
GW> tolerated. This means no search engines, no kids game sites, no
GW> bookstores with reviews, not much of anything that isn't a .gov

Well.....I knew this was braindead....but was sure when I found the
site:   http://www.waco-texas.com/
Which is the homepage of the City of Waco.
Of course not being able to link to the official city homepage might
be a blessing, if all they do is think up rules like this one.

And you couldn't link to the Chamber of Commerce at:
http://www.waco-chamber.com/

or the Convention and Visitors Bureau at:
http://www.wacocvb.com/

If those examples don't convince them, they're hopeless.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA