[WEB4LIB] policy about links on websites

Shirl Kennedy sdk at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 6 12:45:51 EST 2000

<laugh>  Just went to hell and back over the same issue when I was Webmaster
for the City of Clearwater.  (Have since changed jobs; am now Web Guide
Manager for eCompany Now -- http://www.ecompany.com/)  At any rate, the
whole experience was so...uh, enlightening, that I wrote a column about it
for the November 2000 issue of Information Today.  If you have get your
hands on a copy, I think you'll find it helpful.  Sometimes, IT puts my
columns online full-text, but they didn't with this one.  Here's the nitty
gritty:

Internet Waves
Linking Policies for Public Web Sites
Shirley Kennedy explains why it’s important to develop and post policies on
public Web sites to inform users about linking—and to avoid lawsuits. — Page
42

If you can't get your hands on the actual magazine, e-mail me privately and
I'll share.

Shirl Kennedy