[WEB4LIB] Simple SQL in FrontPage 2000

Bryan H. Davidson bdavidso at uark.edu
Wed Dec 6 10:04:34 EST 2000

Try modifying the SQL query by using:

... Ordcoicr WHERE (Author LIKE '%" & Author & "%' )...

I'm not sure if the :: character's generated by FrontPage are the same as
the % character. But I have a similar query set up using this type of Access
SQL and it seems to work fine.

In the event that a user performs a search on a first and last name and
separates the two with a comma or a space, you may want to create a script
that pulls out the two terms and performs an AND query. So rather than
searching for an exact match for "Simmons, Richard" - the query would search
for simmons AND richard - thus increasing the chance for a match.

Bryan
Bryan H. Davidson
Electronic Products Librarian / Webmaster
University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville
Ph. 501-575-4665