Intranets and Provision of Information Services

Justin Chisenga ChisengaJ at nu.ac.za
Wed Dec 6 09:16:45 EST 2000

I am interested in the subject of providing information services to a target group of research and teaching staff in a university environment using Intranet  and push technologies. I am aware that Intranets are being used mainly for information management within organizations, and generally information resources available on the Intranet usually target internal staff members.

Is there anyone or a library using Intranets to provide information services targeting a specific user group: i.e. researchers, students, etc? I will gladly welcome any information to this affect. Relevant references, web sites, or contact e-mail messages of individuals, who may help me, will be highly appreciated.

Justin Chisenga
Department of Information Studies
School of Human and Social Studies
University of Natal